A well thought out coin with many advantages over BTC, as well as over DarkCoin.
It is on our personal list of altcoins with long term use and increases in value for 2015.
It has a growing list of advanced features for the Black Coin Wallet - BlackHalo and a well rounded concept of what a bitcoin should do in the future.
We are not the only group to take notice - many companies have already added BlackCoin as one of the crypto-currency of choice.
Black Coin - home page
BlackHalo - black coin trading and wallet
Black Coin Mining - where to mine the coin.
- Low Inflation: BlackCoin was widely distributed over a short proof of work mining phase. No new BlackCoins will ever be minted aside from the 1% yearly interest paid to holders of BlackCoin.
- Fast Transactions: BlackCoin's proof of stake system makes the BlackCoin network lightning fast. BlackCoin is the ideal digital currency for face to face transactions and all applications that value speed.
- Blockchain Security: BlackCoin's network is secure against the attacks other digital currencies face due to their reliability on large-scale mining operations to run their networks.
- Environmentally Sound: The BlackCoin network does not require the use of large-scale, specialized hardware operations. BlackCoin is far more energy-efficient than traditional digital currency networks.
- Innovative Community: BlackCoin has a strong and dedicated community made up of both talented developers and users working hard to push BlackCoin as far as it will go.
- Wide Merchant Adoption: New online merchants and services accept BlackCoin every day. Look for BlackCoin in more point of sale applications soon with recent addition to CoinKite merchant services.
Because of the Proof of Stake system, BlackCoin is secure and decentralized.
Decentralization means that no group or authority can gain control over BlackCoin. The BlackCoin network is run by each and every person staking with a BlackCoin wallet, instead of by a few large specialized mining operations like most other digital currencies. Without mining, BlackCoin is secure from many attack vectors other digital currencies face.
BlackHalo (Advanced Wallet for Black Coin) creates the platform for an anonymous decentralized exchange. For example, you can send Bitcoins in exchange for Blackcoins or Dogecoins in exchange for Darkcoins, etc. Once a contract is created in Blackcoin, anything can be traded under it. This is more anonymous than Darkcoin’s “Coin-join” and even more anonymous than XC. Simply because the two chains are totally unrelated. This allows anonymous microtrading between two parties under the same contract.
1% COMPOUNDING INTEREST:
BlackCoin pays 1% compounded yearly interest
BlackCoin holders receive 1% yearly interest for their part in keeping the network secure through a process called staking. Interest is paid in parts, on average, every few days.